6/08/2010

Felted Soap:wool product can be popular in Darwin!

I have to say that promoting felted craft in Darwin can be a challenge. But I found there is a special kind of felted item that pretty popular here!

Which is ~"Felted Soap"!

Each week I can make about 5-8 felted soaps, and usually all of them will be sold out at Parap Market each time. I wish I could make more! But after the wet felting process, I always use dry felting needles to complete the final decoration of the soaps. That's why they all have delicate picture on the surface :)

OK, gallery time! Here are the felted soap I made~

And I made more this week! More new pictures now. This one is Cute Nemo.

This one is Magic Shell in Blue Ocean.


This one is Laby Bug In The Meadow.

And Honey Bee & Tulip.


Bluebird of Happiness.


Happy Baby Elephant.


Elegant Cat.


Finally, the soap family!

Each soap takes me almost 1 hour to finish. Orders are welcome and only $8 each :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bella, I think your soaps look fantastic and hope you continue to show us what your latest creations are.I was curious and bought some of these soaps from a couple who make them in NSW. They are magic to use and my skin which was a bit dragon like is more silk like now. Loooove them
    JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soooo much for leaving a comment:) it gives me more motivation to keep posting new articles!
    I'm focusing on resin jewellery recently, but my next felted projuct would be a clock :)

    cheers

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soo cute! How do you make the designs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh thanks :) I love animals so that's the most resource of the design, just imaging the picture in ur mind & lots of patience with needle felting to realize the picture :)

    ReplyDelete